Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Tinsel Nail Art


To begin I applied my base coat then applied my Rimmel Whitener to the tips of my nails. I then used my matte top coat by 17 all over my nails. I wanted the base to be matte because I think it makes the glitter stand out a bit more rather than having the entire nail shiny.



Next I used OPI DS Coronation to draw random lines on my nails in a pattern that looks like tinsel on a Christmas tree. I tried to make each nail a bit different.


Then I applied strands of glitter over the OPI polish. I chose strands of glitter because it looks more like tinsel than fine glitter.



Then I carefully went over the glitter with a couple layers of my top coat because I hate my nails feeling rough so I wanted to seal everything in. Finally with my matte top coat again I tidied up around the tinsel where I accidentally got shiny top coat. I love this nail art, this is what I'll be wearing for Christmas!

Happy Holidays everyone! :)




I redid my nails for Christmas. It's exactly the same as I showed above.


I also did my mums nails, still the same except she used Avon Ruby Slippers as her base colour and didn't use the matte top coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment